Saturday, November 5, 2011

Telephone Messages

Do you know who Richard Rice is? 

Neither do I! 

He left a message with a phone number on my cell phone on Friday evening (?) asking me to call him. 

He has a hint of an Irish accent, the soft kind with a bit of a lilt from around Dublin.

The problem is that the phone number does not exist.  I don't recognize it.  I can't find the number in any reverse number search.  I tried to Google him, and searched LinkedIn and FaceBook.  No Joy there either!

I think we have a lesson in phone message ettiquette.

If I knew what he wanted to talk to me about, or how he got my CELL Number, I might be able to track him down and return the call.

I can only hope that if it's important, he will call me back.

When you leave a phone message, please listen to the message upfront (have you even called the right phone number to begin with), speak clearly, leave an accurate return phone number and a brief message with the reason for the call - who are you and why you want me to call you back.

Of course, check the message on your phone systems and make sure people can hear who they have called (in case it`s a wrong number).

No comments:

Post a Comment