Saturday, October 1, 2011

Finding Your Clients

It's an absolutely wonderful day today with a blue sky, sunshine and warm despite a sharp gusty wind.  I have just returned from my annual foray to feed my soul with local art in the Fergus Elora Studio Tour. 

I marvelled at just how well one of the artists has done since taking that leap of faith to create her own business, successfully grow it and be in demand.  She has managed to find her ideal clients and discover and fill their needs, making a good living from it.  There is a lesson here for all entrepreneurs.

"How do I sell my stuff?" is one of the usual questions. 

It doesn't matter what you are selling - art or heavy scientific equipment, the quest is the same.  You have to identify your ideal client, define their needs, determine how you can fill those needs (solve their problem) and go and find them so you can connect with them.  Communication has to be in the language of the customer, and you have to remember WIFM (What's in it for me?  Me being the customer).

What's in Art for me?  Tons - too much to define here - it feeds my soul, it makes me feel good and gives me the energy to help my clients!

No comments:

Post a Comment